I hear it all the time from my friends, and family members Nothing better then eating cheese cake. I like cheese cake though sometimes it can be to rich for me to eat. I have a confession to make I never have ever made a cheese cake till two years ago. My first cheese cake that I made was for Christmas dinner, I made a Chocolate chip cookie dough one, and it was not so hard to do and turned out good. I have made a couple of other ones along the way from Reese Peanut Butter Cup to dark chocolate chip Cheese cake, and Key lime, this time I decided to make a pumpkin cheese cake with a chocolate caramel spread on top. I actually made it up along the way saw three different Pumpkin cheese cake recipes so I thought why not take something from each recipe and make up my own I love being the alchemist baker. The caramel spread is actually made out of Condense milk, brown sugar and then added chocolate chips to it. The Crust was also a little different I crushed graham crackers in the food processor along with sugar, now becomes a sugary graham cracker crust. Another Idea I added was for the pumpkin mix I actually added fresh nutmeg in it. Makes a big difference versus the kind you buy in the jar already crushed. Not that hard to do I used a small grater and grated the nutmeg nut in the mix, and the smell was so wonderful that all I could think of was Christmas time. So here is the recipe I hope you enjoy, and let me know if you made one I would love to hear your feed back.
- 1 and 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 1 cup of sugar and an additional tablespoon of sugar this sugar is mixed in with the graham crackers to make the crust sweet and crunchy
- 3 eight-ounce packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon I use Saigon Cinnamon more potent
- 1 tsp teaspoon nutmeg fresh nutmeg just shred it over a grater.
- 1/2 teaspoon of allspice
For the Sauce :
- For the Caramel Chocolate spread use one 14 oz can of sweet Condense milk
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of Chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and 1 tablespoon of sugar in a mixing bowl to make the crust. Make sure that all of the crumbs are coated with butter but do not over-mix. You’ll want the crust to be kind of crumbly. Press the crumbs onto the bottom of the Spring form pan and two-thirds of the way up the sides of the pan. Make sure that you don’t press the crust all the way up the side. Once the crust is in place, bake it for 10 minutes and sit it to the side until you are ready for it
4. Add the pumpkin, fresh shredded nutmeg, Allspice, cinnamon, and eggs into the mixture you created in the previous step and mix with the electric mixer until smooth and creamy. It should be a nice creamy pale orange color.
5. Pour the mixture into the pan that you baked the crust in. Make sure the mixture is smooth and even. Then, bake for an hour to an hour and ten minutes (depending on your oven). The top will turn darker than the rest of the cheesecake, it’s not burnt so don’t worry.
Once it is done cooking, sit it to the side until it has cooled to room temperature, then place it in the refrigerator to allow it to cool some more.
6. for the Caramel sauce with dark Chocolate you could actually use 1 can of Condense Milk Cook it over a low heat and stir constantly helps to thicken up the sauce. Next add in the 1/4 sugar to the mix and the 1/4 cup chocolate chips, and keep on stirring until you start to see it get brown then take it off the burner keep stirring and let it sit for a while to get it a little more thicken and cooled down before you spread it over the top of the cake, and there you have it a cheese cake made out of pumpkins.