Is there anyone out there that does not like eating Apple Pie? If there is please let me know because I honestly never met anyone who does not like Apple Pie. My Dear Husband has a vice to always go shopping at the grocery store. Now I have to be honest I have never met someone who loves to shop at the grocery store until I met him. We both are foodies or wait can you not tell? Anyway just to make this clear I usually shop with a list , and I never go there when I am hungry ,on the other hand my husband loves to go there when I am not around and buys more than we need. There are times I can’t understand why he does that when it is only just the two of us, but I have to let it be since thank God he does not go shopping for other things that are more expensive.
Where am I going with this story well he bought apples which I told him to just buy six, but he bought 12 instead. I usually try to buy for the week, him not so much. I had to think of something fast since I did not want them to go to waste. I came across a video on facebook this time which seem pretty easy. I thought I would try it out and I accomplished making the cute little pies, but I have to be honest they were a little time Consuming. If you have time to do this great,but if not then i would say do this when you have nothing else to do for the day. They turned out great, and so cute I really did not want to eat them. you can go to this website to check out the video on Cooking panda.com .
- 6 green apples I actually used red apples because well that was what I had to work with
- 1 package refrigerated pie crust (2 crusts) I actually made my crust instead
- 5 ounces caramel sauce I made this home made caramel
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Ground cinnamon
- Home made Crust instructions :
For the crust
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 and 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1) Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Line a cookie sheet with parchment and non stick spray; set aside.
2) Remove pie crusts from refrigerator so they warm up slightly. This will make them easier to work with.
3) Peel the skin off the green apples, discard. Continue peeling so you have bunch of white peels in your bowl.
4) Dust work area with flour and slightly roll out crusts. From one pie crust, cut out circles for the cookies. Cut other crust into 1/2″ strips.
5) Place round pie crusts on cookie sheet. Spread a thing layer of caramel sauce on each cookie, followed by a pile of white apple peels. Using the 1/2” strips, create a tic-tact-toe lattice pattern over each cookie.
6) Beat egg in bowl and add sugar and nutmeg until well blended. Brush cookies with egg wash.
7) Sprinkle cookies with cinnamon. Use more or less cinnamon depending on your preference.
8) Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, or until cookies are a golden brown. Remove from oven, allow to cool for 5 minutes, serve and enjoy!