Did I get your attention already with the Title? Yes these are called avalanche Bark, and they are very sweet so one of these and a glass of milk will be required. One of my Co-workers had found this on the internet, and she posted it to her face book page. I of course had to make these since I already had everything in my cupboards and in my fridge from what the recipe called for.
honestly it did not take very long to put this together, and not much clean up duty afterwards so I was highly impressed. It took me like 10 minutes to put it all together, and then it took 30 minutes to harden up in the fridge. These are great treats for little ones lunch box surprise, and children’s birthday parties etc.
you want to make sure with the white Chocolate and peanut butter that you do not burn the chocolate in the microwave. When melting the chips with the peanut butter I actually had to microwave on high for 45 seconds, take it out and stir the Contents to make sure all the mixture and the chips were combined. Then I placed the microwave bowl back into the microwave and cooked the contents on high for 30 seconds.Next I took the bowl out of the microwave I began to stir to make sure the chips were completely melted in with the peanut butter. Once I have completed this task then I poured the rice krispies in the bowl and stirred it up making sure all the cereal was coated well. Let the Cereal mixture sit for about 8 minutes to cool down before you pour in the dark chocolate chips and Marshmallows, because you don’t want them to melt in the cereal.
Once the cereal mix has cooled down pour the remainder of the recipe in the bowl stir the ingredients all together, and then place in a 9×9 greased pan. I like to give this tid bit out when you go to push down on the rice krispie recipe make sure you do not crush the cereal and make sure you do not use your hands to do this. When you use your hands they tell you to coat with butter all over so the mixture does not stick to your hands. I have a better idea for you to use, take wax paper and put it over the pan and start to push down to bind the cereal and mixtures together. No mess with your hands and you just throw the wax paper away when your done .
Once you are done doing this task then set the pan in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour to set. Now you have an Avalanche! Its quick and easy to make and in the end so sweet !
- 12 oz bag of White Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 1½ cups mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips + 2 Tbsp for garnish.
- Lightly grease a 9×9 pan
This Summer has been a crazy one with work, and so many things going on My husband and I have not made time to go camping. I love going camping in the Summer time, seeing the camp fires, people gathered around just sitting back and enjoying the company of others. Then again if you are alone with your significant other just enjoying the peacefulness of the surroundings around you.
My favorite thing to do when I go camping is play games and tell ghost stories with others. Something about that moment you feel like a little kid again. My favorite past time is making s’mores . Now my husband is really not a big fan of marshmallows so he does not like to participate in making them, but I have to have them if I don’t then it just does not complete the experience of camping.
I wanted to make some S’mores but actually came across a brilliant idea to make S’mores Bars. I am so happy that I did because they turned out to be pure heaven.
Now when I made these and followed the instructions for baking time I have to admit I actually baked them longer because I had added more marshmallows then what the recipe called for. I could not resist I wanted those in there thinking that my bars would come out Fluffy, they came out of the oven more like gooey. I had to let them sit for at least an hour after I took them out of the oven so they could firm a little since it just was not happening right away. So word of advice Do not cut them into bars right away let them sit for awhile to cool completely before you attempt cutting them up.
It certainly was not hard to make, and one of those bars can just put you into what I call a Sugar Coma.
Eewy Gooey S’mores Bars
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows plus a few extra for the top
- 1 bag of mini Hershey bars broken in pieces
- Line a square baking pan with parchment paper. Combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Place in bottom of prepared pan and press down to form a crust.
- Cream 1/2 cup softened butter, add in sugars and cream again till fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla. Mix again. Combine Flour, baking soda and salt, then add to butter mixture. Once all combined, fold in chocolate chips and marshmallows. Spoon Cookie dough on top of cookie crust as evenly as possible. Don’t worry about spreading perfectly. Dough will spread as it cooks to fill in any gaps. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes.
- While bars are cooking, break candy bar into sections and place in freezer. 8-10 minutes before bar is done cooking, sprinkle remaining marshmallows on top, just to decorate. Return to baking for remaining time. Remove pan from oven and carefully place broken candy bar pieces on top. Let cool completely before cutting.